Virtuozzo is looking for a skilled business development representative (BDR) who will be responsible for identifying and developing new opportunities for our sales teams in the field of hosting, virtualization and cloud. The BDR will generate demand primarily via outbound prospecting into assigned accounts and territories. In addition, the BDR will use a spectrum of tactics including telephone, email, social media and chat. The BDR may also further qualify demand by using targeted prospects from a database or leads generated by marketing automation (MAP) platform based on the score assigned to the prospect. The goal of the BDR is to nurture the lead and set up a qualified appointment that ultimately convert to deals.
- Handle incoming leads from all the channels including chats, phone calls, and emails to qualify the customers using specific criteria (BANT).
- Demonstrate a customer centric behavior by understanding the requirement of the prospect or lead and utilize all available resources to propose the best solution.
- Generate new demand (e.g., individual leads) for the Virtuozzo sales organization that are created through marketing driven activities, campaigns, trade shows etc
- Qualify demand (e.g., individual leads) against established criteria (BANT) before passing a lead to inside Sales representative, field representative or partners as qualified leads.
- Nurture predetermined groups of prospects from a database, field, or sales by using multiple touch tactics (e.g., telephone, email, social)
- Provide accurate forecasts on agreed frequency to marketing and sales on the volume of qualified demand expected to reach the qualified stage.
- Track and manage prospecting, qualification, and nurture activities in the company’s Sales automation system by keeping records current. Make contact actualization and discovery.
- Conduct meaningful, productive conversations with individuals representing the buyer personas targeted by the organization.
Technologies supporting the role
- Marketing automation platform
- Social media tools
- Sales Force automation systems
- Ability to work under pressure
- One to five years of prospecting experience, depending on the complexity of the product/solution being sold, as well as the level of prospect being called (e.g. IT buyer vs. CXO)
- Active listening to assess prospect needs and opportunities
- Ability to articulate a reasonable value proposition on every call
- Ability to perform prospect and account research to prepare for calls
- Ability to use existing and emerging social media tools to monitor targeted accounts and buying groups, and identify trigger events for follow-up
- Discipline and energy to maintain high activity volumes (e.g., a minimum of 50 outbound calls and 25 additional outbound touches per day)
- B2B experience selling a similar type of offering into a similar type of market
- Familiarity with Marketing automation platform and Sales Force automation systems
- Salesforce.com advanced knowledge and experience
- Ability to work with data-driven sales analytics
- Multi-tasking ability and the ability to set and reset priorities.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (verbal and written)
- Customer first attitude
- Bachelor/ master’s degree in business, computer science, communications or equivalent job experience or equivalent combination of education & experience
- At least 2-5 years’ experience in a similar role in a software industry
- Strong knowledge of internet technologies and web hosting products/services
- Experience in virtualization (VMware, Xen, Hyper V, KVM or Virtuozzo products) is a plus
Knowledge and actual experience in any of the following is a plus:
- Experience with Cloud Management Platforms, Cloud orchestration solutions
- Experience managing a complex supply chain, with deep understanding of roles, scope and responsibilities
- Experience of Linux and Windows Platforms and an understanding of Networking
- Fluent English is the must, any other language ability is a big plus
Location: AMER / EMEA