The “Cloud Platform Technical Engineer” (PS Engineer) will be part of the overall global “Professional Services team” and will be responsible for on-site and remote work required to support Virtuozzo Cloud. The PS Engineer will work closely with the internal Virtuozzo departments and Customers, according to the company’ business needs. These projects require deploying, configuring, and troubleshooting Virtuozzo products and services for our customers as well as maintaining the operations of Virtuozzo’ Cloud Platforms.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deploy, configure, and upgrade Virtuozzo products and physical and virtualized solutions based on them and connected 3rd-party integrated products, using automated deployment tools (Ansible-style).
- Performing various types of migrations related to Virtuozzo products.
- Configure and maintain Virtuozzo’ Cloud platform and monitoring solution:
- Administer and perform deployment, configuration of Virtuozzo platform components (Virtuozzo Hybrid Infrastructure, Virtuozzo Hybrid Server and related products and solutions)
- Administer remote configuration of Network infrastructure (backend and frontend Network components, firewalls, etc.)
- Perform and coordinate configuration and OS-level maintenance on the remote server infrastructure
- Perform change management and platform expansion activities
- Perform reviews and multi-level testing activities
- Perform troubleshooting, problem management and issues resolution in cooperation with Virtuozzo Product and Support teams as well as relevant customer and third-party interfaces.
- Providing technical assistance to any other Virtuozzo departments, as needed.
- Manage customer expectations, projects, and project tasks.
- Mentoring other team members (Technical Engineers).
- Work closely with Virtuozzo Support, Development and Product Management to ensure a smooth transition of Virtuozzo solutions into production and respective operation.
- Proficient level working knowledge of Virtualization products (KVM, VMware, etc.).
- Good OpenStack knowledge and proven experience.
- Experience with monitoring tools (ELK, Prometheus, Grafana).
- Solid Knowledge of Linux and scripting e.g. Python programming language.
- Experience with automated deployment and central configuration management (Ansible, Puppet).
- Experience with server administration (Linux and Windows, and mixed environments).
- Knowledge in network architecture and setup: L2/L3 networks, VPN, firewalls.
- Readiness to flexible schedule, according to the scheduled PS activities.
- Readiness to work on on-call schemes for platform operations.
- Upper-intermediate level for English language.
- Readiness to travel up to 25%.
Location: 127273, Otradnaya street, 2B bld 9, "3rd floor"