The Lead Business Development Representative (BDR) is responsible for identifying and developing new opportunities for the inside, field and/or sales teams to pursue. BDRs generate demand primarily via outbound tele-prospecting into assigned accounts, territories. In addition to tele, BDRs use a spectrum of tactics including email, social media and chat. The BDRs may also further qualify demand generated by marketing automation (MAP) platform based on the score.
- Generate new demand (e.g. individual leads) for the Virtuozzo sales organization to pursue.
- Qualify demand (e.g. individual leads) against established criteria before passing a lead to inside Sales representative, field representative or partners as Marketing qualified leads (MQLs).
- Nurture predetermined groups of prospects back from field or sales by using multiple touch tactics (e.g. telephone, email, social)
- Where specified by Virtuozzo Sales and Marketing – process inbound demand using a range of tactics (e.g. telephone, email, social)
- Comply with service level for marketing and sales organisation.
- Provide accurate weekly forecasts to marketing and sales on the volume of qualified demand expected to reach the MQL stage.
- Track and manage prospecting, qualification, and nurture activities in the company’s sales force automation system.
- Reach and have meaningful, productive conversations with individuals representing the buyer personas targeted by the organization.
- Developer and manage a team of Regional BDRs and contractor relations with international telemarketing agencies
Technologies Supporting the Role:
- Marketing automation platform
- Social media tools
- Sales Force automation systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Active listening to assess prospect needs and opportunities
- Ability to articulate a reasonable value proposition on every call
- Ability to perform prospect and account research to prepare for calls
- Ability to use existing and emerging social media tools to monitor targeted accounts and buying groups, and identify trigger events for follow-up
- Discipline and energy to maintain high activity volumes (e.g. a minimum of 50 outbound calls and 25 additional outbound touches per day)
Background and Experience:
- One to five years of prospecting experience, depending on the complexity of the product/solution being sold, as well as the level of prospect being called (e.g. IT buyer vs. CXO)
- B2B experience selling a similar type of offering into a similar type of market
- Familiarity with MAPs and SFA systems
- Experience in an IT industry (Hosting and Cloud) with significant volumes of customer/prospect interaction