Due to restructuring of our business we have newly created a staff accountant position. Our business has high growth ambitions therefore we are looking for someone who is a good self-starter that can work independently with minimum supervision. Someone with good people skills as you will be communicating with colleagues from different parts of the world daily. You need to be confident in your accounting abilities, therefore we are looking for someone with a 3-5 years of solid accounting experience preferably with in IT industry.
- Maintain various balance sheet reconciliations/schedules and related journal entries
- Verify the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents
- Maintaining the cashbook and regular bank reconciliations
- Review billing/invoicing and making differed/accrued revenue adjustments.
- Month-end accounting entries, investigate and reconcile discrepancies.
- Research and resolve vendor and internal inquiries (buyers and general dept. personnel) promptly and professionally.
- Review/audit vendor invoices for accuracy prior to payment.
- Assist entity controllers with research for journal entries, account reconciliations, invoice discrepancy resolution and other special projects as assigned.
- Manage past due accounts, preparing and communicating reconciliations and reports on high risk accounts, and facilitate actions for resolution in coordination with Sales and Customer Service teams
- Develop and maintain an intimate knowledge of AP, AR and credit systems
- Evaluate existing policies and procedures making recommendations for efficiency improvement.
- Assist and help ensure timely month end and yearend close and assist in the annual audit, prepare monthly accruals, prepayments and assist with general ledger reconciliations
- Review and analyse DSO, ordering trends, daily sales orders and A/R balances for order release
- Manage the processing of manual billings, adjustments, cash application, check deposits, Proof of Delivery reconciliation, short pays, non-trade deductions and price discrepancy reconciliation
- Reviewing and determining credit limits and payment terms on new domestic and international customer accounts
- Assure all customer supporting documents and files are maintained and up to date for domestic and international customers
- Coordinate and communicate with our Sales, Customer Service, Billing ensuring timely, accurate and smooth processing of AP & AR transaction recording and processing.
- Manage Credit Card and PayPal accounts, manage and coordinate international bank transactions.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
- Three plus years of accounting and finance experience within a large organization.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook and data entry skills.
- Coordinate multiple responsibilities simultaneously and identify, track and manage day to day issues.
- Communicate effectively (written & verbal) with customers, co-workers and management
- Strong analytical and reconciliation skills
- Ability to prioritize, manage workload and keep up with a dynamically changing working environment
- Conveys information in understandable terms at all levels of the organization
- Strong competence and technical skills of Accounting integrated systems
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-starter, strong initiative, excellent organizational skills
- Helpful and courteous personality, good team player.
Location: Bellevue, Seattle