This document outlines the scope and limitations of support for Virtuozzo products. During the term of your subscription to Virtuozzo Software, Virtuozzo will provide expert level guidance and troubleshooting to you in connection with questions and issues arising from the installation, configuration, and use of Virtuozzo Software; bug fixes and issue resolution; and access to Major and Minor Releases (as defined below) of the Virtuozzo Software.
- Major Releases: means generally commercially available major new releases, modifications, or enhancements to the same Virtuozzo Software as designated by a change in the number to the left of the decimal in the version number.
- Minor Releases/Patches/Micro Updates: means generally commercially available code corrections, patches, updates, and minor version releases of the same Virtuozzo Software as designated by a change in the number to the right of the decimal in the version number.
- Installation and Upgrades: Support for installation or upgrades includes providing guidance and troubleshooting in connection with customers downloading and installing or upgrading the software.
- Configuration Issues: Support for configuration includes troubleshooting customers configuration settings for existing installations on approved platforms to ensure proper operation and connectivity.
- Basic Product Functionality Questions: Virtuozzo experts will answer your “how to” questions related to standard and intended product usage.
- Product Defect Verification and Reporting: Bug identification and tracking.
- Enhancement and Feature Request Submission
Versions of Supported Products Covered by Virtuozzo Support
Supported Versions: Virtuozzo will provide support only for the versions of the product specified in the product documentation or as specified at the time of purchase. Changes to supported versions will be announced in advance through notifications sent by email and as posted on the Virtuozzo website. Virtuozzo products shipped with a Linux kernel get support if running the latest released update in user space. In addition Virtuozzo will provide support for the last 2 released kernels.
End of Life (EOL): Virtuozzo will keep an up-to-date list of supported versions and end of life schedules on the Virtuozzo Support site: https://www.virtuozzo.com/support.
New Versions – 3rd Party Software: For 3rd party software, as new source releases of the software may become available continuously, Virtuozzo will support some or all of these versions at Virtuozzo’s discretion. When a new version becomes supported by Virtuozzo, Virtuozzo will announce such coverage in the release documentation for the Virtuozzo Product in use (Plesk, Virtuozzo, Service Automation Products, etc.)
Platforms Supported: Virtuozzo supports use of our products only on the platforms (hardware and operating systems) specified in the release documentation for each Virtuozzo Product. Virtuozzo will maintain a list of these platform requirements, for each product, on the Virtuozzo Support site: https://www.virtuozzo.com/support.
What Support Excludes
The following are excluded from Virtuozzo Support obligations:
- Virtuozzo Software that is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than that specified in the applicable documentation
- Virus infections
- Spam protection
- System/Server administration activities
- Routine product maintenance (data backup, cleaning disk space and configuring log rotation)
- 3rd party applications not provided by Virtuozzo
- Altered or modified Virtuozzo Software, unless altered or modified by Virtuozzo or as defined in the product documentation or knowledge base
- Defects in the Virtuozzo Software due to hardware malfunction, abuse or improper use
- Any version of the Virtuozzo Software for which support services have been discontinued by Virtuozzo as documented in the Virtuozzo End of Life policy
- Evaluation software or other software provided at no charge and any Virtuozzo Software sold separately by Virtuozzo, including, without limitation, consulting code, unless generally made available to Virtuozzo’s subscription customers at no additional charge
- Virtuozzo Support excludes training, customization, integration and any issues arising from nonstandard usage of the software
- Installation, operation or maintenance of the Software not in accordance with instructions supplied by Virtuozzo