How to Deploy YouTrack
YouTrack is an innovative issue tracking and project management tool that helps deliver great products and boost your team’s productivity. Flexible customization options ensure the best experience not just for the whole team but for every team member.
This guide below provides detailed steps on the few simple actions required to deploy and launch YouTrack at the platform.
Create and Configure Environment
1. Log in to the platform dashboard and click the New Environment button to set up a new environment.
2. YouTrack requires root permission in order to be installed and run, so let’s create a Java Engine server.
Switch to the Java tab and select Java Engine in the application servers block. In the middle part of the wizard, you can configure the necessary number of cloudlets, select the JDK version, and set other parameters.
Type the preferred name (e.g. youtrack) and click Create. In a minute, your environment will be created and added to the environments list.
4. Next, add the required host and port value to the JAVA_ARGS variable:
Now, you are ready to deploy YouTrack.
1. Go to the official website and copy a link to the JAR file of the YouTrack standalone server.
2. Return to the dashboard and upload JAR to the Deployment Manager via URL. In our case:
3. Now, deploy it to the environment you’ve created earlier.
After deployment, wait several minutes for YouTrack to initialize and proceed to the application set up.
Set Up YouTrack
1. Click the Open in Browser button for your environment with deployed YouTrack.
You need to set up YouTrack before you can use it, so provide a special Token and click Log in.
2. Next, select the Set up option.
3. You can learn all the possible parameters at the official documentation. For this example, we’ll just use all the default values.
4. Once YouTrack starts up, log in with the admin credentials you’ve provided during the configuration.
That’s it! You can start working with your own YouTrack server.
Hopefully, this instruction will be helpful to you!