Private Platform Installation from Google Cloud Marketplace
The platform can be easily deployed as a private installation on top of Google Cloud hardware using a pre-configured package, available at Google Marketplace. It ensures a wholly automated installation process, so no specialized technical knowledge or skills are required.
1. Launch PaaS solution via Google Marketplace.
Here, you can get acquainted with basic information about the platform (product overview, pricing information, link to documentation, etc.).
2. Within the opened window, you can customize your platform installation parameters.
- Deployment name - a unique name for the current installation
- Zone - the preferable physical location of the Google Cloud hardware
- Storage size - the required amount of disk space for your platform (in GB)
- MachineType - the total amount of resources available for a platform (number of CPU cores and RAM)
- Admin Email - email address of your platform installation owner
- Allow SSH - allows access to VM via SSH (TCP, 22 port) from any IP address
- Allow DNS - allows DNS requests (TCP/UDP, 53 port) from any IP addressNote: This option is obligatorily required for the PaaS installation to work correctly.
- Allow traffic from the Internet - allows traffic to the following ports: 80, 443, 3022, 4848, 4901-4910, 7979, 8443, 8080, 11000-12000/TCP, 11000-12000/UDP
- Source IP ranges for Internet traffic - allows traffic from the listed IP ranges only (more info)
- Allow traffic from the Internal network - allows traffic to the following ports: 8080, 22, 5555, 64000/TCP, 4789/UDP. This option is required for PaaS installations with multiple VMs
Click Deploy to proceed and wait a bit for the platform instance to be automatically configured for you.
3. When the deployment is completed, you will see all the administrating information, required for your platform management.
Here, you can find:
- Dev Panel - developers dashboard to manage hosted applications
- Admin Panel - Cluster Admin (JCA) panel to configure and orchestrate your private cloud platform
- Admin user name and Admin user password - your admin account credentials (can be used to enter both of the above-mentioned panels)
That’s it! Now, you can access your Dev and Admin panels and start managing your platform installation.
Getting Started with Platform
As a cloud owner, you can enter and operate the platform through both administrator and end-user panels.
1. As an admin user, you have access to the Cluster Admin panel, intended to manage and customize the platform.
Here, you can tune and monitor your Private Cloud in a desired way:
- change the required system settings
- customize developers interface elements
- create user groups with different quotas and level of access
- review cluster statistics and user actions history, etc.
2. To start hosting applications, go to developers dashboard where all environments and applications are managed.
Here, you can give a try to the main platform functionality in confines of project hosting:
- create a new environment
- deploy application
- set up automatic vertical and horizontal scaling
- install ready-to-go solutions from Marketplace
- operate different container types
- manage containers remotely via SSH
- start account collaboration, and more
Your platform is up and ready for immediate usage.