Platform Installation on Vultr
The PaaS Lite Edition can be easily installed on top of Vultr hardware through the pre-configured package (i.e. without any specific technical knowledge or skills). Go to the Vultr Marketplace to get your own private platform in a few minutes.
The recommended hardware requirements for the platform Lite Edition installation are 100 GB disk space, 8 GB RAM, and 4 CPU cores. However, based on your needs, you can select instances of various capacities:
- 8 GB RAM - for initial setup and small projects
- 16 GB RAM - for production environments with medium load
- 32 GB+ RAM - for large size development and production environments
The size can be chosen during the installation steps using a convenient Vultr wizard. And the number of host servers can be easily enlarged via an intuitive admin panel or using simple command lines even when the platform is already up and running.
After registration, you get a free beta license for running the platform LE on up to 10 nodes (maximum 64 GB RAM each) for three months. During this period, you are paying only for Vultr instances but not for the PaaS license. Afterward, the license cost is 50% of the price of the chosen servers.
In order to install the dedicated PaaS Lite Edition on Vultr, follow the following steps:
1. Open the PaaS installation page in the Vultr Marketplace and click Deploy. Log in using your Vultr credentials (or sign up if required).
2. Pick the Cloud Compute server for your installation.
3. Choose a preferred server location from the list, for example Frankfurt.
4. The required PaaS application should be already selected, so just leave everything as is and proceed.
5. Select the Server Size based on your needs and expected load on the platform.
6. Select your existing SSH Key for authentication or click Add New to add a public SSH key to the server.
Follow the step of the official instruction on how to generate an SSH key for Vultr.
7. Choose a hostname for your VM and click the Deploy Now button.
8. Wait until your instance is created.
9. Copy the server’s IP address to the clipboard and connect to the created VM via SSH under the root user.
10. Once you’ve logged in, follow text instructions and type “yes” to start the PaaS installation. In the end, you’ll be provided with a link (open it in browser) to continue installation via the web installer.
11. Fill in the form with System User Email and the preferred Domain name for the platform. Click the Install button to proceed to the final step of the platform installation.
12. You can track the installation process with the Show Details button or get familiar with the latest platform publications and updates.
13. Once the installation is finished, the credentials will be displayed in the successful installation window and sent to System User Email.
14. With the provided credentials, you may go directly to the Dev Panel and create the first environment. Follow the dashboard guide for more details.
Or navigate to Ops Panel (Cluster Admin Panel) to manage your platform. Use the JCA guide to get acquainted with the main available functionality.