Careers / AMER Sales Engineer
Virtuozzo is the leading provider of virtualization and cloud infrastructure software that enables service providers, ISVs and enterprises to deliver secure, robust, and hyper-converged virtualized platforms to launch applications and cloud services.
We currently have an opportunity within our Sales organization for an experienced Pre-Sales Engineer (SE) to join our team to work for customers and prospects in the EMEA area together with growing EMEA Sales team.
SEs are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate. SEs are the primary technical resource for the field sales force.
- Provide pre-sales technical support for the development and implementation of complex solution offerings;
- Serve as a trusted adviser at the customer side and assist technology stakeholders in setting and delivering on expectations;
- Contribute to the team effort by sharing knowledge, documenting customer success stories, helping maintain the team lab environment, and participating in subject matter expert team initiatives;
- Participate in product trainings and complete ongoing continuing education requirements to grow and enhance your skills;
- Attend internal meetings with Engineering, Product Management, and other teams as required to provide information, presentations, demos, or other feedback for our offerings;
- Help define the account strategy with the broader account teams ensuring we are meeting and exceeding the business needs of Virtuozzo’s partner, prospect, and customer base;
- Research and write the responses to technical sections of RFI’s, RFP’s, and RFQs;
- Ensure that revenue and new business quotas and service objectives are met;
- Build relationships with Virtuozzo’s customers and partners that result in deeper loyalty to Virtuozzo and broader adoption of Virtuozzo’s solutions;
- Gain understanding of customer business and IT environments and collaborate with sales teams to assess the potential application of Virtuozzo’s solutions;
- Meet online and offline with customers and prospects, respond to technology-related questions while deeply understand, assess customer needs;
- Understand customer and partner needs in both Service Provider and Enterprise segments;
- Produce and deliver customer specific product demonstrations and technical presentations;
- Perform customer needs analysis and match them with Virtuozzo capabilities;
- Profound ability to translate business requirements into technical features and vice versa.
- Expert in the solution sales process, architecture, be able to design and blueprint technical and business process solutions.
- Proven ability to share excitement and convey technical value propositions and convince stakeholders on various levels (up to CXO).
- Ability to consult, coach and mentor others and perform effective knowledge sharing.
- Customer oriented attitude and mindset, seniority, and confidence in presenting technical solutions and acting as key subject matter expert towards customers on various levels.
- Deep understanding of relevant architectures, development and deployment and configuration management methodologies and tools.
- A minimum of 5 years – preferred 10 years of relevant industry experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems an asset.
- High self-motivation and ability to work under high pressure and with a flexible schedule.
- Project Management skills will be an advantage.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (verbal and written).
- Willing and able to travel domestically and abroad regularly (when the COVID situation changed).
- Working knowledge and good understanding of virtualization technologies (e.g. KVM, Hyper-V, VMware).
- Excellent knowledge of common Cloud Architectures and related technologies (e.g. IaaS, PaaS, SaaS).
- Experience of Linux and Windows Platforms and an understanding of Networking.
- Decent Linux knowledge and system administrative skills. Ability to create scripts and perform troubleshooting are a clear asset.
OpenStack knowledge and experience are an asset.