Careers / C Developer
Virtuozzo is a server virtualization solution for data centers of hosting providers, which provides the possibility to distribute physical resources among virtual environments (machines and containers).
We are looking for C Developer to develop https://qemu.org/ and related pieces of the infrastructure. The company is welcoming all levels of engineers. The only necessary thing is willingness to learn.
Hypervisor development, snapshots, backups and other non-trial things are seen daily. The developer here will also face extreme challenges dealing with Windows and Linux guests, standard firmware pieces like SeaBIOS and OVMF, paravirtualized guest drivers for above OSes.
- Developing of a highly loaded asynchronous emulation of devices for virtual machines: disk, network or any other
- Enhancing performance in comparison with competitive products (stock KVM/VMware/VirtualBox)
- Working with Linux/Windows para-virtualized device drivers (both VirtIO and HyperV stack experts are welcome)
- Cooperation with QEMU and Linux kernel mainstreams to merge developed code
- Participate in professional conferences (KVM Forum, FOSDEM, other Linux Foundation events)
- Learning the art of Linux kernel programming if not familiar with it
- C knowledge
- Experience in low level Unix programming: both kernel and userspace experts are welcome
- Understanding of Linux system calls interface
Knowledge and actual experience in any of the following is a plus:
- Understanding of Linux or Windows or FreeBSD kernel internals
- Experience in opensource projects development
- Commits made into QEMU/Linux kernel (especially KVM) would be a big plus
- Familiarity with Linux kernel debugging methods and tools
- DevOps experience
- Python programming knowledge
- Ocaml programming knowledge
English – Intermediate and higher