Careers / Cloud & Professional Services Engineer
Virtuozzo delivers a converged virtual infrastructure platform that enables service providers and enterprises to leverage containers, virtual machines, and software-defined storage with backups, image management, and automation tools — all in a single solution.
The Cloud & Professional Services Engineer (CPS Engineer) will be part of the overall global Professional Services team and will be responsible for remote (and if required reasonable on-site) work required as part of professional services projects and managed service implementations for new and existing customers. The CPS Engineer will work closely with the internal Virtuozzo departments and customers, according to the company business needs. These projects require defining, deploying, configuring, and troubleshooting OnApp and Virtuozzo products and services for our customers.
- On-boarding new cloud infrastructure and infrastructure platform projects for hosting and service providers as well as enterprise customers and provide associated trainings
- Guide customers through installations
- Administer deployments and configuration
- Provide walkthroughs and training sessions for customers
- Technical account management and consultation for existing customers
- Provide strategic and tactical advice to customers
- Manage problem cases and escalations
- Perform troubleshooting, problem management and issues resolution in cooperation with support and core product teams
- Manage Professional Services projects
- Collect and moderate requirements
- Drive and execute Professional Services projects
- Perform various types of migration projects related to OnApp and Virtuozzo products and administer platform upgrades for and with the customer
- Manage customer expectations and multiple projects for the assigned customer base
- Work closely with customer and internal teams to ensure successful execution
- At least 3 years’ experience in supporting client relationships applying communication and presentation skills.
- A sound knowledge of Linux RHEL distributions and in-depth administration and configuration skills
- Strong scripting skills (Bash/Python is must have; Perl, golang, Ruby – is an advantage)
- Proficient level working knowledge of Virtualization products (KVM, VMware, etc.)
- A good understanding of Cloud/IaaS Solutions
- High self-motivation and ability to work under high pressure and flexible schedule.
- Strong Analytical and Interpersonal skills are required for customer facing positions.
- Fluent English in written as well as communications
- Readiness to travel up to 25%
- Hands-on knowledge of OnApp or Virtuozzo products and container technologies is an asset
- OpenStack knowledge is an asset
- Proven knowledge on VMware / vCD installation, administration, and troubleshooting is an asset
- Hands-on experience in Hosting Services is an asset: Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Qmail
- Microsoft IIS, Apache, MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Azure
- Upper-intermediate Spanish is an asset
- Project management skills are an asset