Careers / IT Systems Administrator
Virtuozzo is the leading provider of virtualization and cloud infrastructure software that enables service providers, ISVs and enterprises to deliver secure, robust and highly-performant private and public cloud solutions.
Systems Administrators in the IT team are responsible for working with global Virtuozzo team members, infrastructure, and SaaS systems to ensure the 24/7 availability of servers, services, and systems.
You will join an existing team, adding additional capacity to help us continue to fulfill the needs of our growing worldwide organization.
- Provide staff support via the IT helpdesk for day to day IT matters.
- Manage access to SaaS Systems, including regular reconciliation.
- Setup email accounts, groups and calendars (Microsoft365, AD).
- Install, configure, and upgrade software for self-hosted systems.
- Remotely configure servers and network hardware.
- Perform server maintenance and upgrades.
- Server and service monitoring – resolving or escalating alerts.
- Troubleshooting issues and outages, creating RFO documents if needed.
- Handle IT matters as needed during staff onboarding/offboarding.
- Working with the wider IT team to build, document, and implement internal processes and workflows.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the organisation’s security hygiene and policies.
- 3+ years of working with Linux and being comfortable administering RHEL/CentOS and Debian/Ubuntu systems.
- A good understanding of Networking concepts, ideally with some hands-on experience in a data center or with office networks.
- Working knowledge of Windows and MacOS Operating Systems.
- Good spoken and written English language skills.
- Microsoft 365, Exchange Online and Active Directory administration.
The following would be an advantage:
- Experience working in an IT helpdesk/customer support environment.
- Previous exposure to Virtualization platforms such as Virtuozzo, OnApp, VMware vCloud Director, VMware vCenter, Microsoft Hyper-V.
- A working knowledge of AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Working experience with Apache, Nginx, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Zabbix, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes would be great too, otherwise a keen willingness to expand your skills in these directions.
- Opportunities to develop with a fast-growing and successful business, being able to contribute and implement changes.
- Competitive compensation.
- Health insurance, English language courses.