Careers / KVM Developer
Virtuozzo is a server virtualization solution for Enterprises and Hosting providers, which provides the possibility to distribute physical resources among virtual environments (machines and containers).
We are looking for C Developer to develop KVM/QEMU virtualization solution with main focus in hardware virtualization related pieces of the infrastructure. The company is welcoming all levels of engineers. The only necessary thing is willingness to learn.
Complex performance problems inside Windows and Linux guests, nested virtualization and other non-trivial things are seen daily. The developer here will also face extreme challenges dealing with Windows and Linux misbehavior. Some knowledge in standard firmware pieces like SeaBIOS and OVMF is also welcome.
All in all, KVM should be better HyperV implementation than HyperV implemented by Microsoft!
- Improving the KVM implementation in Linux kernel.
- Implementing related HyperV enlightments in KVM.
- Enhancing performance in comparison with competitive products (stock KVM/VMware/VirtualBox).
- Working with Linux/Windows para-virtualized device drivers (both VirtIO and HyperV stack experts are welcome).
- Cooperation with QEMU and Linux kernel mainstreams to merge developed code.
- Participate in professional conferences (KVM Forum, FOSDEM, other Linux Foundation events).
- Learning the art of Linux kernel programming if not familiar with it.
- C knowledge.
- Experience in low level Unix programming: both kernel and userspace experts are welcome.
- Understanding of Linux system calls interface.
The following will be an advantage:
- Understanding of Linux or Windows or FreeBSD kernel internals.
- Experience in opensource projects development.
- Commits made into QEMU/Linux kernel (especially KVM) would be a big plus.
- Familiarity with Linux kernel debugging methods and tools.
- DevOps experience.
- Python programming knowledge.
- Ocaml programming knowledge.