Careers / Product Manager – MSP/CSP (Managed Service Provider/Cloud Provider) Market
Virtuozzo is the leading provider of virtualization and cloud infrastructure software that enables service providers, ISVs and enterprises to deliver secure, robust and highly-performant private and public cloud solutions for SMB, enterprises and ISVs. We are looking for a Product Manager for MSP/CSP Market reporting to the Strategic Product Management Director.
We are looking for a Product Manager with proven business and technical experience in building virtualisation, orchestration, storage or network management products for on-premises or cloud setup for Managed Service Providers and/or Enterprises.
You are the ideal fit if you know how to: build products according to minimal viable change model, perform customer development analysis and validate hypothesis, create feature descriptions and build architecture together with R&D, align and promote your ideas to R&D, marketing and sales teams.
- Lead the development of new and existing products and features in line with Virtuozzo MSP/CSP market vision and technology strategy.
- Work with stakeholder teams to define product vision based on business and user needs and develop project briefs
- Take a user-centric approach to discovery, using research to test assumptions and validate requirements
- Work with Technical Product Management and R&D departments to produce and prioritise product backlogs and other relevant project documentation
- Design acceptance criteria and conduct thorough and structured user acceptance testing
- Monitor project budget spending, keep stakeholders updated on progress and escalate any risks to delivery
- Develop strong working relationships with customers and partners to receive feedback, share roadmap and upsell in order to increase Virtuozzo products’ adoption, customer satisfaction and LTV
- Work closely with colleagues across CTO office, Technical Product Management, marketing, Sales and IT, acting as an expert link to channel requirements to ensure a joined-up approach and deliver excellent user experience.
- Regularly review processes and evaluate results to inform ongoing learning and improvement
- Communicate internally and externally Virtuozzo product strategy
- Measure each product’s sales performance, support overhead, customer perception, and provide corrective directions for product development
- Provide input for revenue targets setup
- Work closely with marketing team on market research, product messaging, communication strategy, go-to-market and channel strategy, product marketing and analyst relationship
- Act as product evangelist both internally and externally
- 5+ years product management experience
- Product management/analyst experience in relevant technology sectors:
- Virtualization (Virtuozzo, KVM, OpenVZ, Microsoft, VMware, Citrix etc)
- Software-defined storage (VMware, Ceph etc)
- Cloud (OpenStack, optionally CloudStack), hyperconvergence (VMware, Nutanix, Pivot3, Scale Computing, Red Hat etc)
- Understanding Public Clouds (AWS, Azure, GCP)
Highly desirable experience:
- Hands on Linux System Administration
- Datacentre infrastructure and DevOps
- Cyber security
- Cloud Management Platforms (CloudBlue, AppDirect, Interworks etc)
- Billing platforms (WHMCS, Hostbill etc)
- Software Engineering background
- Strong project management experience, with ability to work with cross-functional teams, manage dependencies & deliver results
- Hands-on technical experience: able to follow and validate customer experience with infrastructure products products: install, configure, administer
- Strategic thinker without loss of detail, with ability to “roll up sleeves” & be part of tactical and technical execution when needed
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to create appropriate KPIs to measure success
- Customer focused, with strong user empathy and ability to understand end user needs and translate into actionable strategies
- Experience in market analysis
- (Preferred) Jira experienced user.
- (As a plus) 1+ years Agile Scrum Product Owner experience.
- Ability to remain flexible, juggle multiple priorities & adopt direction as needed
- Excellent English written & verbal communication skills are a must.
Location: Switzerland, Germany, UK, or elsewhere Europe or US (East Coast)