Careers / Professional Services (Senior) Technical Engineer
Virtuozzo is the leading provider of virtualization and cloud infrastructure software that enables service providers, ISVs and enterprises to deliver secure, robust, and hyper-converged virtualized platforms to launch applications and cloud services.
The “Professional Services Technical Engineer” (PS Engineer) will be part of the overall global Professional Services team and will be responsible for remote (and if required reasonable on-site) work required as part of managed service implementations and professional services projects for new and existing Virtuozzo customers. The PS Engineer will work closely with the internal Virtuozzo departments and customers, according to the company business needs. These projects require defining, deploying, configuring, and troubleshooting Virtuozzo products and services for our customers.
- Collect requirements and provide technical input for PS documentation
- Drive and execute PS projects
- Deploy, configure, and upgrade Virtuozzo products and virtualized solutions based on them and connected third-party integrated products, using automated deployment tools (Ansible-style)
- Perform various types of migrations related to Virtuozzo products.
- Perform troubleshooting, problem management and issues resolution in cooperation with Virtuozzo product and support teams as well as relevant customer and third-party interfaces.
- Provide technical assistance to other Virtuozzo departments.
- Always represent Virtuozzo in a professional manner.
- Review and test current phase work and provide a walk-through of the system to the customer team
- Manage customer expectations, projects, and project tasks.
- Mentor other team members
- Work closely with Virtuozzo Support to ensure a smooth transition of Virtuozzo solutions into production mode
Senior Technical Engineer additional responsibilities:
- Work with Virtuozzo customers to understand business goals and translate them into relevant solutions based on Virtuozzo’s cloud automation and orchestration solutions.
- Support pre-sales engagements and POCs as subject matter expert, to ensure the timely availability of matching solutions based on Virtuozzo products to satisfy customer requirements.
- Act as focal point/SME for customers on technical level.
- Develop, document, and implement blueprints and toolkits for modular solution and best practices.
- Define and create documents and whitepapers for Virtuozzo PS solutions and trainings.
- At least 3 years’ experience in supporting client relationships applying communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient level working knowledge of Virtualization products (KVM, VMware, etc.)
- In-depth Linux administration and configuration skills are required
- Strong scripting skills (Bash must have; Perl Python, Ruby – is an advantage)
- OpenStack knowledge is an asset
- At least 3 years’ experience in Hosting Services:
Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Qmail
Microsoft IIS, Apache,
MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Readiness to flexible schedule, according to the scheduled PS activities
- Upper-intermediate in the English language
- Readiness to travel up to 25%
- Hands-on knowledge of Virtuozzo products is an asset
Senior Technical Engineer additional requirements:
- Deep understanding of virtualization technologies (KVM, Hyper-V, VMware) and knowledge of common Cloud architectures and related technologies.
- OpenStack knowledge and experience are required
- Understanding to translate business requirements into tech features and vice versa.
- Ability to design and blueprint technical and business process solutions.
- Proven ability to share excitement and convey technical value propositions and convince stakeholders on various levels (up to CxO).
- Ability to consult, coach and mentor others and perform effective knowledge sharing.
- Fluent English in written as well as communications.
- Customer oriented mindset, seniority, and confidence in presenting technical solutions and acting as key subject matter expert towards customers on various levels.
- A minimum of 5 years – preferred 10 years of relevant industry experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems.
- High self-motivation and ability to work under high pressure and flexible schedule.
- Project Management skills will be an advantage.
- Ukraine (Lviv, Zhytomyr) / Russia (Moscow)
- Mexico (Mexico City)
- Russia (Novosibirsk) or APAC remote