Careers / ReadyKernel Developer
Virtuozzo is a server virtualization solution for data centers of hosting providers, which provides the possibility to distribute physical resources among virtual environments (machines and containers).
We are looking for C Developer to develop https://readykernel.com/faq – rebootless alternative to updating kernel. The company is welcoming all levels of engineers. The only necessary thing is willingness to learn.
The person involved is supposed to deep dive into dangerous world of vulnerabilities and exploits.
- Developing and adapting fixes for the Linux kernel to be applied without reboot or module uploading
- Developing and maintaining the framework to apply the abovementioned kernel fixes
- Developing and maintaining the tests and tools used to validate such fixes
- Analysis of security threats and other high-impact issues in major Linux distros
- Learning the art of Linux kernel programming if not familiar with it.
- C knowledge;
- Advanced Unix system user.
Knowledge and actual experience in any of the following is a plus:
- Knowledge of low-level Unix programming: both kernel and userspace experts are welcome
- Understanding of Linux or FreeBSD kernel internals
- Familiarity with Linux kernel debugging methods and tools
- Experience in opensource projects development
- DevOps experience
- Python programming knowledge
- Shell programming knowledge
English – full working proficiency
Russia, Ukraine, Germany