Careers / Sales Engineer, APAC
Virtuozzo is the leading provider of virtualization and cloud infrastructure software that enables service providers, ISVs and enterprises to deliver secure, robust, and hyper-converged virtualized platforms to launch applications and cloud services.
We currently have an opportunity within our Sales organization for an experienced Pre-Sales Engineer (SE) to join our team to work for customers and prospects in the APAC area together with growing APAC Sales team.
This role is reporting to APAC Sales Director located in Japan.
Sales engineers (SE) demonstrate technically & business value wise to sell complex technical products.
SEs are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate. SEs are the primary technical resource for the field sales force.
SE combines technical knowledge with sales skills. The emphasis of the work varies depending on the level of technical knowledge needed to sell products and services and respond effectively to clients’ queries. Although SEs are usually in contact with technical staff, they must as well be able to articulate technology and product positioning to business audiences (up to C-level).
To ensure clients’ and their own company’s needs are met, SE liaise regularly with other members of the sales team and colleagues from a range of departments, such as research, development, design, purchasing, production, and quality assurance, as well as senior company managers.
SEs also work with the research and development departments to find new use cases / applications for products.
- Provide pre-sales technical support for the development and implementation of complex solution offerings;
- Serve as a trusted adviser at the customer side and assist technology stakeholders in setting and delivering on expectations;
- Contribute to the team effort by sharing knowledge, documenting customer success stories, helping maintain the team lab environment, and participating in subject matter expert team initiatives;
- Participate in product trainings and complete ongoing continuing education requirements to grow and enhance your skills;
- Attend internal meetings with Engineering, Product Management, and other teams to provide information, presentations, demos, or other feedback for our offerings;
- Support Company’s primary virtual and physical offices across APAC;
- Help define the account strategy with the broader account teams ensuring we are meeting and exceeding the business needs of Virtuozzo’s partner, prospect, and customer base;
- Research and write the responses to technical sections of RFI’s, RFP’s, and RFQs;
- Ensure that revenue and new business quotas and service objectives are met;
- Build C-level relationships with Virtuozzo’s customers and partners that result in deeper loyalty to Virtuozzo and broader adoption of Virtuozzo’s solutions;
- Gain understanding of customer business and IT environments and collaborate with sales teams to assess the potential application of Virtuozzo’s solutions;
- Contribute to developing a go-to-market strategy for the region and assist with the delivery of strategic opportunities;
- Meet online and offline with customers and prospects, respond to technology-related questions while deeply understand, assess customer needs;
- Understand customer and partner needs in both Service Provider and Enterprise segments;
- Produce and deliver customer specific product demonstrations and technical presentations;
- Perform customer needs analysis and match them with Virtuozzo capabilities;
- Create technical requirements documentation for the implementation and integration of the Virtuozzo products in the customer environments together with Virtuozzo Professional Services;
- Be a hands-on resource for technical aspects of Virtuozzo portfolio across all Virtuozzo departments;
- Train the Company sales and marketing staff on Company product and service offerings;
- Provide feedback on market trends, competitive threats, and customer needs to ensure that Company continues to innovate and produce leading solutions for its target market;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Deep understanding of virtualization technologies (KVM, Hyper-V, VMware).
- Excellent knowledge of common Cloud Architectures and related technologies.
- OpenStack knowledge and experience are an asset.
- Profound ability to translate business requirements into tech features and vice versa.
- Expert in the solution sales process, architecture, be able to design and blueprint technical and business process solutions.
- Proven ability to share excitement and convey technical value propositions and convince stakeholders on various levels (up to CXO).
- Ability to consult, coach and mentor others and perform effective knowledge sharing.
- Fluent English in written as well as communications.
- Customer oriented attitude and mindset, seniority, and confidence in presenting technical solutions and acting as key subject matter expert towards customers on various levels.
- Deep understanding of relevant architectures, development and deployment and configuration management methodologies and tools.
- Decent Linux knowledge and system administrative skills allowing e.g. to create scripts and perform troubleshooting are a clear asset.
- A minimum of 5 years – preferred 10 years of relevant industry experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems.
- High self-motivation and ability to work under high pressure and flexible schedule.
- Project Management skills will be an advantage.
- Multi-tasking ability and the ability to set and reset priorities.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (verbal and written).
- Willing and able to travel abroad regularly (when the COVID situation changed).
Knowledge and actual experience in any of the following is a plus:
- Experience in virtualization (VMware, Xen, Hyper V, KVM or Virtuozzo products) is a plus.
- Experience with Cloud Management Platforms, Cloud orchestration solutions.
- Experience of Linux and Windows Platforms and an understanding of Networking.
- Fluent English is the must, any other Asian language ability is a big plus.
Location: Novosibirsk or Singapore