Careers / Technical Engineer (Professional Services)
The “Professional Services Engineer” (PS Engineer) will be part of the overall global “Professional Services team” and will be responsible for on-site and remote work required as part of Managed Service implementations and professional services projects for new and existing Virtuozzo customers.
The PS Engineer will work closely with the internal Virtuozzo departments and Customers, according to the company business needs. These projects require deploying, configuring, and troubleshooting Virtuozzo products and services for our customers.
- Collect requirements and provide technical input for PS documentation
- Driving and execute PS projects
- Deploy, configure, and upgrade Virtuozzo products and physical and virtualized solutions based on them and connected 3rd-party integrated products, using automated deployment tools (Ansible-style)
- Perform various types of migrations related to Virtuozzo products.
- Perform troubleshooting, problem management and issues resolution in cooperation with Virtuozzo Product and Support teams as well as relevant customer and third-party interfaces.
- Provide technical assistance to any other Virtuozzo departments, as needed.
- Always represent Virtuozzo in a professional manner.
- Review and test current phase work and provide a walk-through of the system to the customer team
- Manage customer expectations, projects, and project tasks.
- Mentor other team members
- Work closely with Virtuozzo Support to ensure a smooth transition of Virtuozzo solutions into production mode
- At least 3 years’ experience in supporting client relationships applying communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient level working knowledge of Virtualization products (KVM, VMware, etc.)
- Hands-on knowledge of Virtuozzo products is an asset
- In-depth Linux administration and configuration skills
- Strong scripting skills (Bash must have; Perl Python, Ruby – is an advantage)
- At least 3 years’ experience in Hosting Services:
- Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Qmail
- Microsoft IIS, Apache, MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Azure, Virtuozzo
- Knowledge of Python programming language
- Readiness to flexible schedule, according to the scheduled PS activities
- Readiness to travel up to 25%
Knowledge and actual experience in any of the following is a plus:
- OpenStack knowledge is an asset
- Upper- intermediate and higher (English)
Location: 127273, Otradnaya street, 2B bld 9, “3rd floor”