Virtuozzo is proud to announce the latest version of its flagship product, Virtuozzo Hybrid Server Version 7.5, is now available. As always, the needs of the customers were prioritized through the development of the product.
What’s New in Version 7.5:
- The ability to create and manage Microsoft Windows containers on Microsoft Windows Server nodes from Virtuozzo Hybrid Server 7.5 nodes (Technical Preview).
- Libvirt becomes the primary API for Virtuozzo Hybrid Server, both for virtual machines and containers.
- It is now possible to automatically update nodes running Virtuozzo Hybrid Server 7.5 and newer.
- Virtuozzo Hybrid Server 7.5 nodes and their virtual environments can now be monitored via Prometheus or Zabbix.
- Virtuozzo Hybrid Server 7.5 agentless virtual machine backups will be supported by Acronis Cyber Cloud 20.11
- Kubernetes can now run inside Virtuozzo Containers. Containers running Docker and Kubernetes can now be migrated.
- Virtual machine snapshots are now created up to 10 times faster. Reverting to snapshots is faster by up to 30%.
- Virtuozzo Storage performance has been significantly improved. Erasure coding is now available for running containers and virtual machines.
For more details on these and other new features, and instructions on how to upgrade, please review the release notes.
Virtuozzo will be hosting a Technical Webinar: VirtuozzoHybrid Server on Tuesday, December 8, at 5 PM CET / 11 AM EST Please join to get a detailed look at Virtuozzo Hybrid Server and some of the key new features. To register for the webinar please visit the registration page.
Technical trainings for Virtuozzo Hybrid Server 7.5 will also be available soon.
Partners are encouraged to submit any feedback on the release directly to our Product team via this form.
Meanwhile, our team is already hard at work on Virtuozzo Hybrid Server 8.