Virtuozzo Storage enables users to build fault-tolerant, multi-machine storage clusters using off-the-shelf hardware that eliminates vendor lock-in. The highly flexible, massively scalable storage solution boasts incredibly high peformance potential, with speeds up to ten times faster than Ceph storage. The solution also features new erasure coding technology, which lowers storage overhead and costs by using less physical server space.
A single solution with a centralized management UI for all workloads and data types, Virtuozzo Storage supports file, block, object and container storage. It is adaptable to a variety of use cases, including hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, virtualization, Storage Area Network (SAN) replacement, object storage for Cloud services like Amazon S3 and persistent storage for Docker.
“Virtuozzo Storage is ideal for customers that want to take advantage of hyperconverged infrastructure deployments,” said George Karidis, chief executive officer at Virtuozzo. “Whether its integrated with the Virtuozzo Platform or with today’s most popular container platforms, Virtuozzo Storage provides service providers and enterprises with a single, easy-to-use option for software-defined storage that improves performance and reduces costs.”
Virtuozzo Storage features advanced capabilites that are not commonly found on other storage platforms, including the ability to set various redundency for different data on top of single disk pool, online data redundency, support for multiple tiers of disk pools within the cluster, advanced automation with the ability to automatically move data replicas to optimize disk performace and remove performance hot spots and one-click cluster updates without service interrupt.
Key features include:
- Block, file, S3 object and persistent volume storage for containers in one single solution
- Easy to use web-based management interface to easily manage all types of storage
- Support for Virtuozzo Hypervisor, and leading commercially available hypervisors
- Erasure coding and replication to reduce the amount of space needed for storage
- SSD caching and journaling, data tiering and auto re-balancing
- Scalability – up to multiple petabytes in a single cluster
- Hot-pluggable – increase/decrease capacity or replace a drive or a node without downtime
- Storage tiers that organize storage space and keep different categories of data on different disks
Virtuozzo Storage, available now on a pay-per-use model, is extremely cost-effective due to its support for commodity hardware while its highly optimized core allows for low memory and CPU usage. More information on Virtuozzo Storage is available here.
Virtuozzo is a hyperconverged infrastructure software provider with integrated container, hypervisor and storage solutions that power production-ready workloads with the lowest TCO for service providers and businesses. Virtuozzo developed the first commercially available container technology in 2001 and has 5 million virtual environments in production today. Virtuozzo is also an active contributor to many influential open source projects, including Linux kernel, OpenVZ, CRIU™, KVM, Docker, OpenStack, CNCF and OCI. To learn more, visit www.virtuozzo.com.