Portland, OR – October 4, 2016: Virtuozzo, the leading virtualization platform for service providers, today announced validation and support for the integration of its latest Virtuozzo 7 release with cPanel, a leading control panel and platform for web hosting. Web hosters using the cPanel platform now have access to Virtuozzo 7, which delivers best-ever density with easier integration and management in cPanel environments. Hosters implementing Virtuozzo 7 can realize immediate improvements in server utilization that can significantly increase margins, while enabling their end users to cost-effectively deliver a world-class web site experience for their customers.
Virtuozzo is sponsoring this week’s cPanel conference in Portland, Oregon with its experts on hand demonstrating its latest container, hypervisor and storage solutions for hosters in Booth #34.
“We’re proud to work closely with cPanel and its partners to help power many of the world’s most cutting-edge and innovative web sites,” said Mike Riolo, interim chief executive officer, Virtuozzo. “With Virtuozzo 7, we’re not only delivering cPanel users with our best release ever, but we are also actively working with cPanel to support each other and optimize servers out there that are running on both of our solutions.”
cPanel is a leading web hosting platform company that focuses on server automation software. The principle cPanel product is a Linux-based web hosting control panel that provides a graphical interface and automation tools designed to simplify the process of hosting a web site.
Virtuozzo 7 is a virtualization platform for hosting and service providers that enables the deployment of containers, virtual machines and software-defined storage. Virtuozzo 7 benefits cPanel users in the following ways:
- Higher density: Virtuozzo 7 allows service providers to run more instances of cPanel per physical server than ever before, while providing better performance for their customers.
- Seamless integration of cPanel and Virtuozzo: Collaboration between the companies ensures consistent, problem-free integration of Virtuozzo 7.
- Technical support from cPanel: The cPanel support team is committed to provide support for customers running their cPanel installations in Virtuozzo VMs and containers.
“Virtuozzo brings leading container and virtualization technology to our ecosystem of strategic partners, and helps our joint customers get the most out of their servers,” said Aaron Phillips, chief business officer, cPanel. “We’re committed to working together with Virtuozzo to ensure our users can take advantage of the performance benefits delivered by their latest release.”
Additional Virtuozzo 7 highlights:
- Optimized KVM with rebuilt hypervisor core on top of open-source KVM resulting in better density, performance and security.
- Rebootless kernel updates with ReadyKernel.
- Enterprise grade, 24×7 support.
- More than 200 enhancements, including backup and out-of-the-box high availability and advanced memory management that outperforms CentOS KVM by up to 33 percent.
- Additional Docker support including new storage plugin.
- Virtuozzo Storage outperforms Ceph – the most popular open source software-defined storage by 10x or more, on identical hardware.
- Advanced Windows support added to KVM allows customers to run Linux and Windows workloads with the same features and level of stability.
For more information on Virtuozzo 7, click here.
For more details on integrating Virtuozzo 7 with cPanel, you can read on the process were posted in the Virtuozzo Support Center.
Virtuozzo pioneered the first commercially available container technology, and continues to innovate in areas ranging from industry-leading virtualized object storage to cloud-optimized Linux distributions to groundbreaking container migration technologies. Major service providers worldwide rely on Virtuozzo virtualization for a scalable and secure service platform. Virtuozzo is a contributor to many open source projects including OpenVZ, CRIU™, KVM, Docker, OpenStack and the Linux kernel, and maintains partnerships with Docker, OpenStack, Cloud Native Computing Foundation, Open Container Initiative, and The Linux Foundation. Virtuozzo is headquartered in Seattle and has major offices in London and Moscow. www.virtuozzo.com