Careers / Professional Services – Solutions Architect
Virtuozzo is expanding its Professional Services team and looking for an hands-on Professional Services – Solutions Architect.
- Work with Virtuozzo customers to understand business goals and translate them into cloud automation and orchestration solutions.
- Drive a pre-sales engagements and POCs as primary SME, to ensure the timely availability of matching solutions based on Virtuozzo products based on customer requirements.
- Administer requirements gathering and management in tight cooperation with customers, account Management and Sales Engineering.
- Perform gap analysis, clarify implementation requirements and implementation with Product Management and R&D, estimate implementation Level of Effort (LOE).
- Oversee implementation and deployment within Professional Services.
- Act as focal point/SME for customers on technical level.
- Develop, document, and implement blueprints and toolkits for modular solution and best practices.
- Define and create documents and whitepapers for Virtuozzo PS solutions and trainings.
- Collaborate with several departments and various external and internal interfaces over different time-zones and geographies.
- Educate and mentor team members on relevant technologies and architecture concepts, and actively grow PS body-of-knowledge.
- Deep understanding of virtualization technologies (KVM, Hyper-V, VMware).
- Excellent knowledge of common Cloud Architectures and related technologies.
- OpenStack knowledge and experience are an asset.
- Profound ability to translate business requirements into tech features and vice versa.
- Expert in the solution sales process, architecture, be able to design and blueprint technical and business process solutions.
- Proven ability to share excitement and convey technical value propositions and convince stakeholders on various levels (up to CXO).
- Ability to consult, coach and mentor others and perform effective knowledge sharing.
- Fluent English in written as well as communications.
- Customer oriented mindset, seniority, and confidence in presenting technical solutions and acting as key subject matter expert towards customers on various levels.
- Deep understanding of relevant architectures, development and deployment and configuration management methodologies and tools.
- Decent Linux knowledge and system administrative skills allowing e.g. to create scripts and perform troubleshooting are a clear asset.
- A minimum of 5 years – preferred 10 years of relevant industry experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems.
- High self-motivation and ability to work under high pressure and flexible schedule.
- Ability to travel to customer’s offices by demand (~1 month / year).
- Project Management skills will be an advantage.