Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
- Add Leostream VDI or DaaS to your Virtuozzo cloud
- Meet the fast-growing market need and boost cloud revenue
Remote work market needs
Remote work was fast becoming the “new normal” before the Covid-19 pandemic: now it’s a critical part of all business IT strategies. With Virtuozzo and Leostream it’s easy to offer services to meet that business need:
In recent research, nearly 60% of employees said that whether they have the ability to work flexibly, or not, influences their decision to stay in their job. VDI enables those remote work scenarios.
With virtual desktop solutions, all data and applications reside in a central datacenter. It’s easier to control and secure, reducing the risk of data leaks, and makes it easier to recover virtual desktops encrypted by ransomware attacks.
With a virtual desktop, employees can be productive from day one, connecting to virtual workloads from any available device – and those virtual workloads can be duplicated to maintain productivity in case of an outage or disaster.
The opportunity for service providers
Virtuozzo makes it easy to meet the growing demand for Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) and Desktop-as-a-Service (DaaS) hosting.
With Virtuozzo and Leostream you have a highly adaptive solution that enables you to support nearly any use case for VDI, Desktop-as-a-Service, hosted physical resources, edge computing, hybrid cloud environments and more:
- Host graphics-rich virtual desktops
- Sell Desktop-as-a-Service
- Host shared workstations or remote sessions
- Sell persistent and non-persistent virtual machines
With this remote access platform, built on Virtuozzo’s hyperconverged cloud infrastructure, you can equip IT teams across all industries with a truly flexible and secure way to build hosted desktop environments, and create new recurring revenue streams for your business.
A complete VDI/DaaS solution
Leostream provides everything you need to manage remote desktop connections in your Virtuozzo cloud, including a feature-rich toolset for provisioning desktops, setting access control policies, securing logins, monitoring sessions, and optimizing resource allocation.
- Automatically scale the number of available desktops in your hybrid cloud based on user demand – scale out and scale in
- Powerful features such as location awareness, desktop failover, idle time monitoring, session management and real-time alerts ensure your users never miss a beat
- Manage virtual environments, high-performance workstations and blades, and your cloud resources, from a single web-based administrator UI
- Virtuozzo and Leostream multi-tenancy capabilities let you manage all users across your cloud platform from a single VDI broker, and provide them with self-service access to resources via the protected Leostream gateway.
The benefits for your customers
Virtuozzo’s cloud-native integration with Leostream makes it easy for your customers to manage, monitor and automate remote desktops. The Connection Broker provides the control plane where customers can configure, manage and monitor their service. The Gateway sits behind a firewall and ensures secure access to desktops. From one broker, customers can manage all desktop tenants in the cloud.